The verdict is in! It comes as no surprise to us that Seven Mile Beach recently received the honor of “The Caribbean’s Best Beach” from Caribbean Travel and Life Magazine. We already knew this crown jewel of Grand Cayman was something special, but you might not.
If soft coral sand beaches, stunning turquoise waters and calm waves aren’t enough to sell you on a visit, maybe what’s located on and near the beach will. Seven Mile Beach Grand Cayman is home to many of the area’s best resorts, bars, restaurants, shops, natural wonders and more. It’s a popular destination that never seems to be too crowded. You will have no problem finding a peaceful space all your own right in the middle of it all.
Located near George Town, the capital of the Cayman Islands, there is truly something for everyone here. Seven Mile Beach is a must-do during your visit to Grand Cayman and here’s 7 reasons why:
1. Snorkeling & Swimming – With calm water and a mild current, this is a great location to try snorkeling. The clear water allows you to see the abundance of colorful fish and beautiful coral reefs. All you need is a snorkel and a mask!
2. Beach Bars & Restaurants – Enjoy drinks, a lively atmosphere and great local food while soaking in the view from under the palm trees.
3. Stingray City – Swim with and feed the friendly stingrays here. See our Stingray City blog post to learn more about this magical place.
4. Shop Seven Mile – Indulge in some retail therapy while shopping at one or all of the 9 shopping plazas along the beach.
5. George Town – George Town is the capital of the Cayman Islands and a popular location for cruise ships to dock for the day. Enjoy duty-free shopping and touring this quaint, yet cosmopolitan, Caribbean town.
6. Hell – Go to Hell, the Limestone formations, that is! Hell is a wide, open space filled with sinister looking short, black limestone formations. You can’t walk through them, but you can view them from the two available platforms. There is a gift shop on site where you can buy souvenirs and a post office to officially mark your visit to Hell.
7. Charter a Boat – You can charter a Five Star Charters Yacht to tour Seven Mile Beach from the vantage point of the beautiful Caribbean water. Experience “The Caribbean’s Best Beach” in comfort and luxury and you may vote it the best beach in world, too.
Ready to visit Seven Mile Beach Grand Cayman?
Seven Mile Beach is one of the best beaches in the Caribbean and we have the awards to prove it! It’s an absolute must-do when you visit Grand Cayman so why not book a charter with Five Star Charters and let us take you there? Book Now!