Most of us typically take our vacation during the summer months. I don’t know about you, but it feels like taking a break and heading to a warm, sunny beach in the dead of winter would serve us better. (Or, why not do both a winter and a summer vacation?) Here we are now…it’s January, the holidays are over, the cold weather has settled in for most of us and summer break seems a lifetime away. What better way to get through it than by planning a Caribbean winter vacation?
The Caribbean offers warmth and sunshine all winter long and is a perfect choice to turn your winter blues cerulean! As local business owners here, we are partial to Grand Cayman as our top choice. There are a ton of articles about the best islands to visit and they all have one thing in common on their lists – Grand Cayman.
Here are just a few tidbits we came across in our research that more than justify our partiality:
- Trip Advisor ranks Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman as the #5 beach in the world for 2018
- The Travel Channel puts Grand Cayman at #5 top beach winter escapes
- Fodor’s has Grand Cayman at #3 for your winter trip, due in large part to consistent 80 degree days, not to mention the Cayman Cookout in January and Kaaboo comedy and music festival in February
- Coastal Living lists Grand Cayman is the #1 destination for wildlife, namely the Stingrays in Stingray City.
- AirBnB shows the Cayman Islands as their #3 Caribbean destination, with Grand Cayman increasing bookings 100% in the past year
- Caribbean Travel and Life Magazine gives Seven Mile Beach top honors as ‘The Caribbean’s Best Beach’
If that’s not enough to convince you to book your flight right now, here are our top reasons for visiting Grand Cayman this winter:
- Cayman Cookout – hosted by Chef Eric Ripert from January 16-19 at the Ritz Carlton, with all the biggest names in cooking, like Emeril Lagasse and Jose Andres, in attendance. A must do event for the foodies out there.
- KAABOO Cayman – a music, art, comedy and culinary festival on February 15-16 at Seven Mile Beach. Take a look at this amazing lineup.
- Stingray City – one of the only places in the world where you can swim and feed stingrays in their natural habitat
- Starfish Point – just 15 minutes from Stingray City, Starfish Point is a secluded beach with shallow, clear water dotted with Red Cushion Sea Stars
- Seven Mile Beach – this consistent ‘top beach’ winner is the crown jewel of Grand Cayman and boasts soft coral sand beaches, stunning turquoise waters and calm waves
- Snorkeling – one of the top activities for visitors to Grand Cayman is snorkeling. We have countless reefs and wrecks to explore and enjoy.
- Rum Point – a laid back and low key beach with great local dining and the world famous “Mudslide” drink
- Jet Skiing – hop on a jet ski and explore the beauty of Grand Cayman on your own terms
There is so much to see and enjoy in Grand Cayman this winter and when you book a private luxury yacht charter with Five Star Charters, we’ll help you experience it all. We are the one true luxury charter where you can eat, drink and play in total comfort. Beat the winter blues and book your charter today.